ACCEPTABLE FILE FORMATS FOR GRAPHICS
We prefer artwork supplied in PDF format. To ensure good
reproduction of your artwork please supply a PDF to PDF/X-1a standard.
If this is not possible, supply a high resolution standard PDF, of at least
300dpi with all fonts and images embedded without OPI comments, ensuring
that bleed is included and clearly shown with bleed marks. We recommend
using Adobe Acrobat 4.05 or higher.
We will also accept artwork supplied in these formats:
Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe
Photoshop, TIFF - at minimum of 300dpi., EPS - with all fonts embedded
and high resolution.
• Adobe Illustrator files need to be saved with all images
embedded, all fonts embedded or converted to outlines.
• Corel Draw and Microsoft Office files cannot be accepted.
• PDFs should not use any passwords or security options.
• Files should not contain transparency options, these
may not print as expected.
• Where necessary a minimum bleed area of 3mm/.118inches
must be contained within the file.
• Four-colour solids should not exceed an overall density
• All files must use a CMYK or greyscale color space.
• No spot colors should be used, these must be converted
to process colors.
• No Color Management, ICC profiles or Lab color should
• When fonts are supplied, ensure that both the screen
and printer font files are provided.
• Do not use 'multiple master' fonts.
• Avoid using artificial font styling (eg: bold, outline,
italic), please use the correct styled font (eg: HelveticaBold).
• All images supplied should be no less than 300dpi and
must be CMYK or greyscale.
• Images that contain line art or text should be supplied
at no less than 600dpi.
• No OPI comments should be used within PDFs. Please
take care to follow the guidelines in this document to ensure your artwork
is compatible with
our production workflow.
A color proof that has been produced from your supplied
digital file, must accompany all color advertisements. Send via conventional
mail to the appropriate office. For monochrome advertisements, a black
and white laser proof is sufficient. Where for any reason a proof cannot
be provided, fax |a copy of the advertisement to the relevant production
contact below, or send a low resolution (less than 2MB) PDF via email.
For best color reproduction you must supply an accurate color proof. The
proof must have been created from the same digital files as those supplied